How does a garden or terrace look like with beautiful plants and flowers! Do you dare to be considered “a landscape gardener”? We will give you some simple tips, basic but very important both for your garden and for the pots of your home or terrace, so you have plants always “look alive” and with excellent color. Keep in mind that a healthy plant is a plant that will have less risk of catching pests.
7 General gardening tips
1. First of all, think about the time you are going to dedicate to your garden. Each plant needs different care. If you are going to spend little time or only on weekends, start with simple plants that need little care. Normally the native plants are the ones that need less care since they are perfectly acclimated to our climate. Flowers are an example of a plant that needs little care.
2. Keep an eye on your plants: Look for information about the plant you have and write down your period of flowering, fertilizer and, if necessary, pruning. If you don’t want to prune the plants yourself then you can always hire a professional landscaper. Here’s an example landscaping company: London Landscape Gardeners – West London Landscapers.
3. Keep the pots and plants clean and free of dead leaves and flowers. If weeds appear, remove them as soon as possible so that all the nutrients of the soil will only be absorbed by the plant.
4. If your plants are flowered. You can apply fertilizer: Buy plants with few flowers that have closed buds. Then place them in a place that has a lot of light, the earth that has a light moisture and a fertilizer rich in potassium and phosphorus.
5. If what you have is a garden with a lawn, take advantage of the opportunity to plant plants that need more watering right at the edges of the lawn, since that is where more water accumulates.
6. When you water the plants, always do it on the ground and never on the leaves or flowers because they can rot and are more prone to pests. If possible, use warm water for all your landscaping.
7. It is very important that the earth is aerated. Every so often you aerate the earth helping you with a rake.
We hope that with these simple tips you will be encouraged to have plants at home or in your garden.